In order to treat sickness, acupuncture uses tiny needles to stimulate particular spots on the skin. It is well-practiced and utilized as a complementary therapy for pain, with a low risk of having major negative effects.
Acupuncture is an alternative medicine that may help treat pain and related comorbid symptoms, lessen drug dependence and consumption, and promote overall wellness.
What is acupuncture for pain?
Patients can benefit from acupuncture to treat a number of ailments and relieve pain. The benefits of acupuncture are hard to quantify, but many people find it effective for managing a range of painful conditions. In order to perform acupuncture, tiny needles are inserted into the skin at particular “acupoints.” The body’s natural painkillers influence the area of the brain that controls serotonin, which may reduce pain by producing endorphins.
Many countries utilize this to relieve a variety of pains, including headaches, fibromyalgia, menstrual cramps, and pains in the nerves (such as excruciating shingles rashes).
To address various health concerns, an acupuncturist would place hair-thin needles at various depths and locations under the skin. It harmonizes the body’s energy, prompts recovery, and encourages relaxation.
Depending on the patient’s condition, acupuncture may be given just once, a few times, or even more.
When to consider acupuncture?
For many illnesses, acupuncture is thought to be both useful and safe. Due to this, many practitioners consider it to be an alternative to other medical treatments. Nevertheless, even though it might not get rid of your symptoms, it might still help with the pain. In the case of chronic pain, it might be worth a shot. Acupuncture is a potential alternative to painkillers because it rarely results in more severe adverse effects. Acupuncture is best known for relieving pain, but it can also reduce inflammation, promote healing, and strengthen the immune system.
We can think about acupuncture for a variety of conditions and symptoms that it has been known to help with, such as the treatment of chronic headaches and sinus pressure.
Some examples of many conditions that are treated by acupuncture are:
- Allergic rhinitis , sinusitis, bronchitis.
- Anxiety and depression
- Chronic pain like often in the neck, back, knees, muscle cramping, muscle pain.
- Menstrual cramps and PMS
- Morning sickness
- Female infertility
- Male infertility
- Chemotherapy-induced and postoperative nausea and vomiting
- Dental pain provides relief from the pain of tooth extraction or dental surgery
- Headaches, including tension headaches and migraines
- It may also help with stroke rehabilitation.
- Digestives like gastritis, irritable bowel syndrome, hepatitis, hemorrhoids .
- Parkinson disease
Acupuncture is beneficial to our health and gives our bodies benefits since it enhances our physiological processes and supports natural self-healing. You should try acupuncture treatment if you are experiencing the aforementioned problems.
Even the treatment of cancer and multiple sclerosis may benefit with acupuncture, according to some studies, although more extensive research is needed to corroborate these findings.
How to choose acupuncture practitioner
Acupuncture is best known as traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and is one of the oldest healing practices in the world. Acupuncturists are health care professionals who assess and treat many conditions, like aches and pains.
Make sure you go to a practitioner who has extensive knowledge of the treatment when you decide to attempt acupuncture, especially if it’s your first time. You must look for a professional that is licensed and has the necessary education and certifications.
In getting the best results from acupuncture, choosing the right acupuncturist is the key.
These are some guidelines in choosing an acupuncture practitioner
- Choose a licensed acupuncturist. Look into the credentials and background of the acupuncturist. To ensure that you receive a high-quality treatment, it is important to inquire into the training and experience of acupuncture practitioners.
- Your friends and family members may be a good resource for referrals to a licensed or certified practitioner.
- Think about the benefits and the costs. Before beginning treatment, enquire with the acupuncturist about the estimated cost and the expected number of treatments. You must ask about the success rates of acupuncture and the probability of getting desired levels of pain relief.
- You can schedule appointments online whenever you’d like or if you’re available if you want to use acupuncture to treat your ailments.
- It is also good if you can find an acupuncturist near your area. If you are around Orange county, you may visit As Designed Wellness in Dana Point, there is a licensed acupuncturist in the clinic that can surely help you in your health issues especially if you are experiencing chronic pain.